photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- In a heavy saucepan stir water and sugar together.
- Stir in ginger, cloves, cinnamon and allspice and bring mixture to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Strain syrup and return to pan (or put in crockpot) and add cider, orange and lemon juice and then bring mixture to a simmer (or put crockpot on low for a few hours).
- Stir in rum or bourbon if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is the best spiced appled cider drink I've ever had. The spicy combination of ingredients in this beverage is fabulous. I made it exactly as written and it was perfect, so I would not make any changes when making this again in the future. It would be perfect for a Halloween party because it's something both kids and adults can enjoy. Thanks for sharing your recipe, ellie.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>