Dirt Trifle With Gummy Worms
I make trifles all the time for large gatherings like my DD soccer team parties. The kids (and adults)always gobble it down. There's so many variations but this is a fun way to welcome in the Spring season or for an April's Fool Dessert.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package duncan hines moist deluxe devil's food cake mix (Bake according to package directions)
- 3 eggs (or whatever the package calls for)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or whatever the package calls for)
- 1⁄3 cup water (or whatever the package calls for)
- 4 (3 1/8 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 8 cups milk (for pudding)
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip (defrosted)
- 1 (8 ounce) package gummy worms (for topping)
- Bake cake mix according to directions on box for 9x13 pan and cool.
- I use a huge bowl so I do 2 sets of layers.
- Layer 1 Once the cake is cooled cut into squares (makes it easier to crumble) and start to crumble it for you first layer. Note: Only for this first layer of cake, press into the bottom of the bowl.
- Layer 2 Mix chocolate pudding according to package directions (don't let it set because it can just be poured over the cake layer easier).
- Layer 3 Cool Whip (spread on with spatula to cover pudding).
- Repeat layer process one more time. Then top it with an extra layer of dirt( crumbled cake) for the gummy worms to sit on.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Top with Gummy Worms just before serving.
- You can also make these in little individual cups for a kid party. Just do 1 layer of each and 1 extra layer of dirt (cake) Top with 1 or 2 gummy worms.
- Note: Prep and Cooking Time do not include cooling time for cake or setting time in the refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My son doesn't usually like cake and we were trying to find an alternative for his Birthday Cake. This recipe really appealed to him. We all enjoyed the trifle. This large trifle is definitely for sharing. The only change I made was that I put gummy worms throughout the layers. It made serving a little more challenging but the kids enjoyed the extra worms. Thank you for helping me give my son a Birthday Cake he finally enjoyed.Reply