Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A solid staple which we serve at our annual High School Musical Dinner Theater. It is a wonderful meatloaf with a smoky flavor. I am sure you will enjoy it.
- 2267.96 g ground beef
- 354.88 ml cracker crumbs
- 354.88 ml rolled oats
- 18.48 ml salt
- 3.69 ml pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 medium onions, chopped fine
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 532.32 ml ketchup
- 59.14 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 236.59 ml water
- 59.14 ml prepared mustard
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 8 slice smoked bacon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, crackers, rolled oats, salt, pepper, eggs,onion and tomato sauce.
- Mix together until forms a solid ball.
- Shape into one or two loafs, using a common steam table insert.
- In another mixing bowl combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water mustard and vinegar.
- Pour sauce over meatloaf(s) and spread evenly.
- Place the bacon strips along the meatloaf(s)lenght wise.
- Bake 2 hours, basting occasionally with the sauce.
- Place on serving line and slice as need for each order.