Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is the dill carrots recipes you will enjoy.For best results, use small tender carrots. If using mature carrots, peel and cut.We love pickled garlic so we added lots.
- Peel carrots and cut into 3/4 inch thick sticks, 1 inch (2.5 cm) shorter than jar. To prepare pickling liquid,.
- combine vinegar, water and salt in a nonreactive Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve salt. In each hot sterilized jar, place 3 clove garlic, 1 head dill, and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper flakes.
- Pack carrot sticks into jars and place a.
- second head of dill on top.
- Pour boiling pickling liquid over carrots, leaving 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) headspace. Remove air.
- bubbles with a narrow rubber spatula or plastic knife.
- Add additional pickling liquid, if required, to maintain headspace.
- Wipe jar rims thoroughly with a clean damp cloth. Seal.
Loved these and they only got better after sitting. I used only 2 lbs of carrots to sample the recipe, but I will be making these again! I cut the carrots into a slim french fry cut and stood them on end in the jars. The jars of carrots looked so pretty with the layers and colors. Made for ZWT4.