Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice change from ordinary boiled carrots. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (March 1987)
Make and share this Dilled Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- In a skillet over medium heat melt butter and then add carrots, sauting until glazed (1-2 minutes).
- Add Guinness (or water) and dillweed.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until carrots are tender, stirring occasionally (15 minutes).
- Sprinkle with sugar and salt.
- Increase heat to high and cook uncovered until liquid evaporates (3-5 minutes).
Scaled back for 1/2 teaspoon dried dill and used water option and only 1/4 teaspoon sugar otherwise made as per recipe and the 3 of us thoroughly enjoyed, thank you ellie_ made for Rookie tag game.
Nice carrots. Did use fresh dill (2 tblsps, minced) rather than dried because I prefer it and water instead of the Stout. Pretty, glazed carrots with just a touch of sweetnes.