Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This can be served as a main dish or as a party appetizer.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 egg
- 3 teaspoons dried dill weed, lightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup bouillon
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet, gravy enrichener
- 1 cup sour cream
- hot cooked rice or noodles, as accompaniment (optional)
- Mix together first 7 ingredients (through eggs), plus half of dill weed.
- Shape into 1" meatballs.
- Cook in hot oil in a large skillet, in several batches if necessary, until well browned, and transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Drain excess oil from skillet, leaving browned bits in pan.
- Stir in stock and Kitchen Bouquet.
- Heat to boiling, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Return meatballs to pan, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and remaining dill, and heat thoroughly.
- Serve over rice or noodles, or individually as hors d'oeuvres.