Toby Jermain's Note:
This can be served as a main dish or as a party appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 egg
- 3 teaspoons dried dill weed, lightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup bouillon
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet, gravy enrichener
- 1 cup sour cream
- hot cooked rice or noodles, as accompaniment (optional)
- 1Mix together first 7 ingredients (through eggs), plus half of dill weed.
- 2Shape into 1" meatballs.
- 3Cook in hot oil in a large skillet, in several batches if necessary, until well browned, and transfer to paper towels to drain.
- 4Drain excess oil from skillet, leaving browned bits in pan.
- 5Stir in stock and Kitchen Bouquet.
- 6Heat to boiling, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- 7Return meatballs to pan, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- 8Stir in sour cream and remaining dill, and heat thoroughly.
- 9Serve over rice or noodles, or individually as hors d'oeuvres.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dill Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.4
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 180.4 mg
- Sodium 782.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: