Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is one of my MIL's recipes. Wonderful and elegant.
Top Review by CCinSC
This is fabulous, melt in your mouth delicious!!! I've already made these twice since finding the recipe. The dijon flavor is just perfect, not overpowering the beef. The first time I followed the recipe exactly as posted. The second time I cut the baking time to one hour and it was just as fantastic. I served the tips with brown rice and broccoli. You can bet it won't be long before I make this again, and again, and again, and...
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sirloin tip steaks, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- hot cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown the meat in butter and oil; transfer to an ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2-2 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a skillet, combine the broth, vinegar, and soy sauce; bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes; set aside.
- Combine mustard, cornstarch, and cream; stir into broth mixture.
- Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Drain juices from baking dish into broth mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Add beef mixture.
- Serve over noodles.