Chef TLCJJB's Note:
Good for sandwiches or to serve on it it's own. It is a combination of 2 recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 1 celery (small inside leafy pieces are good)
- 1 onion (quartered)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (generous)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to taste)
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup almonds (sliced or slivered)
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 1 tomato (sliced thinly)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 croissants
- 1Place chicken, celery, and onion in saucepan with water to cover.
- 2Bring to a boil and then simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 3Remove chicken to plate to cool (can be refrigerated overnight).
- 4Discard onion and celery.
- 5Chop chicken into small bite size pieces.
- 6Combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, dill, lemon juice, salt, & pepper.
- 7Now add the chopped chicken and green onions.
- 8Cover and refrigerate untill chilled.
- 9When ready to serve, gently mix in the almonds.
- 10Spread a light amount of butter on the croissants (to prevent slippage).
- 11Put the tomato slices on the bottom of the croissant (lightly salt & pepper).
- 12Put the lettuce leaves on the top of the croissant.
- 13Spoon the chicken salad on top of the tomato slices.
- 14If the croissants are large, slice in half. Now you are ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dijon Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.6
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 150.0 mg
- Sodium 1231.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 38.6 g