Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good for sandwiches or to serve on it it's own. It is a combination of 2 recipes.
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 1 celery (small inside leafy pieces are good)
- 1 onion (quartered)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (generous)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to taste)
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup almonds (sliced or slivered)
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 1 tomatoes (sliced thinly)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 croissants
- Place chicken, celery, and onion in saucepan with water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken to plate to cool (can be refrigerated overnight).
- Discard onion and celery.
- Chop chicken into small bite size pieces.
- Combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, dill, lemon juice, salt, & pepper.
- Now add the chopped chicken and green onions.
- Cover and refrigerate untill chilled.
- When ready to serve, gently mix in the almonds.
- Spread a light amount of butter on the croissants (to prevent slippage).
- Put the tomato slices on the bottom of the croissant (lightly salt & pepper).
- Put the lettuce leaves on the top of the croissant.
- Spoon the chicken salad on top of the tomato slices.
- If the croissants are large, slice in half. Now you are ready to serve.