Honey Dijon Chicken Salad
photo by LLathrop
- Ready In:
- Poaching chicken: Place breasts in a large pot of cold water. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from pot to plate and cool enough to chop.
- Add chopped chicken to a large bowl, stir with a fork to begin breaking the chicken up. Add the celery, onion, and pecans stirring well. Add mustard, mayonnaise, honey, and salt and pepper. Stir well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Open one of the loaves of bread, remove the heels and place on your counter. Place about 2-3 Tablespoons of salad on each slice of bread. Spread with spoon to cover. Open the second loaf of bread, remove the heels, and place on top of the salad. Cut sandwich with serrated knife into triangles. Serve on lettuce lined platter point side up.
- Note: this is really good on toast, too.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!