Diane has a been a friend of my mom's for 40 some years. She is a wonderful cook. This is her Pickled Dill Carrot recipe and I am posting it here so I don't lose it for next year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil together water, vinegar, and salt.
- 2In hot sterilized jars pack a head of clean washed dill and a couple cloves of garlic.
- 3Pack in carrots tight.
- 4Pour on brine till below lip of jar and over carrots.
- 5Put on clean hot lid and screw on lid.
- 6Process jars for 15 minutes in a water bath canner.
- 7One batch of brine will fill 1 quart of carrots. Can double or triple brine amounts to speed up process.
- 8Let sit in cool dry spot for about 2-3 weeks before sampling.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diane's Pickled Dill Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 26.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 973.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: