Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Diane has a been a friend of my mom's for 40 some years. She is a wonderful cook. This is her Pickled Dill Carrot recipe and I am posting it here so I don't lose it for next year.
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 15 carrots, scrubbed clean, approx...depends on size of carrots
- 1 head dill
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- Boil together water, vinegar, and salt.
- In hot sterilized jars pack a head of clean washed dill and a couple cloves of garlic.
- Pack in carrots tight.
- Pour on brine till below lip of jar and over carrots.
- Put on clean hot lid and screw on lid.
- Process jars for 15 minutes in a water bath canner.
- One batch of brine will fill 1 quart of carrots. Can double or triple brine amounts to speed up process.
- Let sit in cool dry spot for about 2-3 weeks before sampling.