Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Diane wanted the taste of carmel apples so she added the glaze to a recipe that she had made before. This is a great tasting, moist cake. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream. The recipe comes from Diane Nemitz & Hometown recipes. Note: Nut lovers can add 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to the cake batter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease a bundt pan or tube pan and coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Mix apples, eggs and oil with an electric mixer.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon; mix well.
- Pour into pan and bake about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for at least 10 minutes; invert onto a cake plate.
- To prepare Glaze; combine butter, brown sugar and milk in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Spoon over cake, allow to cool before serving, ENJOY.
10 stars!!! I made this in a sheet slab tin (left out the cinnamon sugar part) and added 1 TB of cinnamon to the recipe. Baked it for 1 hour, I poked about 20 holes in the cake (used the cake tester skewer) and poured the hot glaze over the hot cake and let it soak the glaze. Served cold - everyone loved it. Thanks for posting, I am making this one again!
A.MAZ.ING. And SO easy to prepare:)
Loved it, Made this for my son in Ct. and he took some to work so every time I go to Ct. I have to make this for him and his boss. loved it! thanks for sharing