Recipe by Barb G.
My Husband loves this recipe for frozen yogurt as he is a diabetic. I use low-fat yogurt, you can use regular yogurt for a creamer consistency. Cooking time is freezing time. Recipe is made for electric ice cream freezer.
Top Review by diabetic mom
Yum! I'm always looking for diabetic recipes for me that my non-diabetic husband and kids will also enjoy. This was a big hit! Try substituting a pint of fresh strawberries and 1/2 c. of orange juice for a delicious strawberry version and use non-gat Greek yogurt for extra protein. Looking forward to trying mango, blackberry and more!
- 1 (14 ounce) can peaches in juice (I used my home canned peaches)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain peaches reserving 1/2 cup of juice.
- Puree peaches in blender (I use hand held blender for faster clean up).
- Add yogurt, (I do this all in a four cup measuring cup) reserved juice, and Splenda; blend with hand blender until combined.
- Pour into freezer bowl, turn machine ON and let mix until frozen, about 25-30 minutes.
- If desired, pour frozen yogurt into plastic container and place in freezer until firm, about 2 hours.