Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a New England-style whole cranberry sauce that has been lightened up to be more diabetic friendly. I found a maple flavored agave nectar to make this with. This also uses Splenda brown sugar blend. Can be made several days in advance.
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄8 cup agave nectar (maple-flavored) or 1⁄8 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄8 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 plums, stoned and diced
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries, washed and picked over
- Heat orange juice, orange zest, agave nectar, molasses, sugar substitute, butter and salt over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add plums and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries and cook until berries burst, about 10 minutes.
- Continue cooking, until desired consistency, or about 5 minutes.