1/1 Photo of Diabetic Cranberry Sauce
This is a New England-style whole cranberry sauce that has been lightened up to be more diabetic friendly. I found a maple flavored agave nectar to make this with. This also uses Splenda brown sugar blend. Can be made several days in advance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat orange juice, orange zest, agave nectar, molasses, sugar substitute, butter and salt over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 2Add plums and cook about 5 minutes.
- 3Add cranberries and cook until berries burst, about 10 minutes.
- 4Continue cooking, until desired consistency, or about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 31.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown sugar substitute