Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe from an old church cookbook of my mother's from Okoee, Florida during the time my grandfather was a minister there.
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut into serving pieces
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, and mustard powder.
- Dredge round steak in this mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown steak on both sides.
- Remove and place in a shallow baking dish.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet, stirring well to pick up the bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour over the steak.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 2 hours.
I made this just as the recipe instructed...it was easy using thin sliced top round...husband raved..It's a keeper! Thanks:)
This recipe had very good flavor. I had never made a dish like this that took so long but it was well worth it. I will make it again. Served it over noodles. I made it this time for PAC fall 2009. Thanks for sharing Cat Berner!!