Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
ZWT7 Switzerland. Full of Nordic flavours - dill and caraway seeds - with an addition of cooked shrimps. Slightly more festive than the traditional one, and very delicious. From http://nami-nami.blogspot.com.
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 100 g peeled cooked shrimp or 100 g prawns
- half a lemon, zested
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the eggs for 8-10 minutes, then cool under cold running water.
- Peel the eggs and halve lengthwise.
- Remove the egg yolks and chop them finely.
- Put 12 shrimps aside for garnishing.
- Chop the rest of the shrimps as finely or coarsely as you wish.
- Mix with sour cream, grated lemon zest, ground caraway seeds and chopped dill and egg yolks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the filling onto the egg whites. Place on a serving tray, garnish with whole shrimps and dill sprigs.
Just when you thing there is nothing new in deviled eggs along comes shrimp! Didn't have any fresh lemon to zest so I added some lemon pepper, and wow what a good choice that was. This recipe is fabulous and I can't wait for company now to show it off. Really wonderful :D. Made for Almost 5 Game.
Oh I just LOVE deviled eggs and these were no exception. Both DH and I fought over the last one. I had never used caraway seed as a spice before but will certainly do so from now on. Yum, Yum and thanks UmmBinat
I used large shrimp which I chopped. Used Creme Fraiche in place of the sour cream. The lemon zest gave this a nice kick. I cut the recipe back to two eggs. Thanks. Made for ZWT 6