Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this in a Tapas cookbook I have. A twist on deviled eggs and very delicious. Easy to double or half the recipe.
- Hardboil the eggs. Put eggs in a pan, cover with cold water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and run eggs under cold water. Let eggs cool.
- Crack the eggs and remove the shells. Cut the eggs in half and carefully remove the yolks. Rub the yolks through a strainer into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the eggs and mix well.
- Fill each egg white with the yolk mixture.
- Using the reserved pimentos and olives, add one of each to top of every egg as decoration.
- Dust with paprika.
The olives added great flavor and color! Great tasting and everyone at my July 4th party loved them (I made 1.5x recipe). Two hints - 1) clean the knife between cutting each egg to keep the yolks from getting on the whites, 2) add olives and taste before adding salt in order to avoid the recipe from getting too salty. Will definitely make again!