Recipe by COOKGIRl
From the latest issue of Bon Appetit April 2006. We made this on the weekend but instead of stuffing the half egg slices, the mixture was mashed to make egg salad sandwiches! Just in time for Easter....
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (I added a bit more because I like my deviled eggs creamy)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely minced
- 4 teaspoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and minced
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced finely
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- celery, thinly sliced for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the eggs, shell and cut in half lengthwise.
- In a small bowl mash the eggs yolks with a fork. Mix in the olive oil, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard.
- Stir in the celery, fresh tarragon, capers and the shallots.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide and spoon the mixture into the egg halves. Garnish each egg half with 1 or 2 slices of celery.
- If not eating immediately, cover well and refrigerate.