1/2 Photos of Devastatingly Delicious Meatloaf - the Best You Ever Had!!!!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb 80% lean ground beef
- 8 ounces ground veal
- 8 ounces ground pork (Note ( A "meatloaf variety" pack of beef pork and veal may be used.)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup ground parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup canned peeled tomato, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 slices of raw bacon
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 2In a large bowl thoroughly combine the beef, pork, and veal.
- 3In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, and then stir in the milk and oats.
- 4Pour the egg mixture into the meat mixture and combine thoroughly.
- 5Add the remaining ingredients and combine again until fully incorporated.
- 6Form into a loaf in a roasting pan.
- 7Cover meatloaf with the slices of raw bacon and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- 8Remove to a platter and keep warm while making the mushroom gravy. (Note: Be sure to reserve 1/2 cup drippings for the gravy.).
- 9For the mushroom gravy: Pour the water into the meatloaf's roasting pan and stir and scrape with a wooden spoon or whisk to loosen the browned bits at the bottom.
- 10Pour the reserved meatloaf drippings into a 2-quart saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- 11Gradually stir in the flour until smooth. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 12Slowly stir in the liquid from the roasting pan and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- 13Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Devastatingly Delicious Meatloaf - the Best You Ever Had!!!!!!!!
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.7
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 189.9 mg
- Sodium 724.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 36.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: