Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy!! This recipe will knock the socks off any guest! This recipe my mother originally found out of a cookbook, but unfortunately I do not know which. This works well with both frozen and fresh strawberries. I'd imagine almost any fruit could be substituted as well. (Prep time does not include chilling of strawberries).
- To make strawberry cream: Combine the strawberries and sugar and chill, anywhere from an hour to overnight.
- Drain excess water from strawberries and sugar.
- In mixing bowl blend cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Stir in reserved strawberries.
- To make dessert crepes: Beat eggs; add remaining ingredients (batter can be refrigerated up to 2 hours).
- Heat pan over med-high heat (you can use an actual crepe pan, but I just use a small frying pan).
- When a few drops of water sprinkled on the pan bounces is about the right temperature.
- Pour about 1/8 C of batter into pan, tilting to spread evenly.
- When the crepe has turned a light brown color you may or may not want to turn to brown other side.
- Turn to brown other side if batter has not set.
- Fill crepes with strawberry cream.
- May serve immedietly or chills well in the refrigerator (up to 2 days).
- Before serving I usually sprinkle a little extra powdered sugar on the crepes.
- The dessert crepe receipe will also work well with many other fillings.
These are incredible! I found that they tasted even better the next day.
yum yum! did a trail run for Fathers Day and my husband loved it! I added more sugar to the strawberry cream only because our strawberries were not sweet enough. Spread a strip of Nutella (chocolate-hazelnut spread) then the strawberry cream, folded the crepe, topped with fresh berries and it was "better than store-bought". Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
Very Good! I made them for breakfast labor day. Dh had never had crepes before and loved them. Did want to add that I got 23 6 inch crepes! Don't know what I did to get that many as I followed the recipe exactly. Edited: I wanted to add that I froze my leftover crepes with waxpaper between them. They tasted just as good as the fresh!