Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
For the Broncos making it to Super Bowl 50.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 (10 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (32 ounce) can reduced-sodium whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3 -5 jalapeno peppers, diced with seeds (remove seeds to bring down the heat factor)
- Brown pork on all sides in oil over medium high heat. Add cumin, chile powder, oregano, garlic powder, onion and broth.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 1 hour. Crush tomatoes with potato masher in another pan. To tomatoes and their juice, add tomato paste, green chiles and jalapeños. Combine tomato and pork mixtures.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 hours (or place in a slow cooker up to 8 hours), until pork is very tender. Serve with warm tortillas and shredded cheese.