1/8 Photos of Delish Stuffed Mushrooms - Gluten / Egg Free
No breading just yummy veggies and sausage giving the filling crispness and the mushroom retain a soft juicy texture. No added fat or salt needed for the sausage and cheese supply enough..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 -14 large fresh mushrooms, stems removed saving 1 cup diced stems (1-1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 lb hot sausage, removed from casing
- 4 ounces onions, minced
- 3 ounces bell peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian spices
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spray a 10x13 oven proof dish.
- 3Over medium high heat in a large hot pan saute the sausage while browning crumble the meat with a wooden spoon. Cook for 4 minutes. Blot the grease of the sausage with paper toweland discard. Add onions and peppers cook for 3 minutes.
- 4Add diced mushroom stems and garlic sauteing and stirring for 3 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes and herbs simmer for 4 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and add mozzarella cheese mixing in to melt(this is the binder).
- 7Fill stuffing the shrooms with filling mounding up nice and full.
- 8Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes.
- 10Remove and place on a serving platter pour juices over the shrooms.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delish Stuffed Mushrooms - Gluten / Egg Free
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.7
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.9 mg
- Sodium 323.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.4 g