Best Banana Bread - No Egg, No Milk, Gluten Free
photo by Heidi N.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas (Mashed)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Lightly grease an petite loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter (or oil) and sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt
- Blend in the mashed bananas.
- Stir in the chocplate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, or until it tests done with a toothpick.
This is a wonderful, sweet and moist banana bread. However, I had problems with the ingredients. I added an egg and 1/4 cup milk to the batter, otherwise it would not have been a batter. It was much too dry and crumbly. After adding the two extra ingredients, it was perfect, and the bread turned out fabulous. I left out the chocolate chips and used xylitol instead of sugar. The gluten free flours used: 1/4 cup buckwheat, 1/4 cup sorghum, 1/2 cup brown rice. This combination tends to work out in many baked goods for me and tastes amazing. I have baked the batter in muffin tins to make muffins the second time around; they came out nicely!
I try new recipes online all the time, and have never once left a review. I just made an account to say how excited i am because after being diagnosed with a ton of major food sensitivies a couple years ago, i rarely enjoy food anymore. This recipe is absolutely incredible. Best banana muffins ive ever had, and they're ok for me to eat!! Thank you so much!! ???
see 3 more reviews