Chocolate Zucchini Oat Bran
photo by yogiclarebear
- Ready In:
1 big bowl!
- 3 -4 ounces shredded zucchini
- 60 g oat bran
- 2 -4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups water (or liquid of choice, dairy, soymilk, etc)
- artificial sweetener, of choice to taste (I use Sweet Leaf Liquid Chocolate Flavor Stevia)
- Mix everything in a big microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes or until done, stopping to stir a few times.
- Top with nuts, nut butters, or more chocolate!
- Fun variations add ins: ginger and apricots, dried or fresh cranberries or blueberries, cinnamon and bacon, fresh cherries with almonds, oranges, all of the above!
- NOTE: I actually use a tiny crock pot for this, letting it cook on the -warm- setting for about 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/kitchen 1-12-08 035 tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/WILD NOV 1 2007 018 resized tiny.jpg"> Me in my kitchen, and at the Wild game. I am a photographer, portrait and fine art, and I am a yoga instructor. Besides cooking, I enjoy fitness and yoga, reading, organizing, gardening, puzzles, family, and HOCKEY. GO WILD!!!! I love to cook for my large husband...he is a natural powerbuilder and has a lot of muscle to feed. People ask how he got so "huge" and he has to answer, my cooking of course! We both work out a lot, so we eat a lot of healthy food...I cook a LOT! The recipes I post and save to my cookbooks are usually healthy and lower calorie, or can be adapted to be so. <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Garlic tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Press It tiny.jpg"> Garlic is the best! <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Kitchen Series Jan 2008 210 EDIT GRIT BORDER tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Kitchen Series Jan 2008 192 HARD LIGHT ILL GRIT BORDER2 tiny.jpg"> Yummy veggies!