Recipe by Teffapio
This is MODIFIED from a recipe I found in The New York Times Cookbook, Revised Edition. Makes a delicious side dish, I hope you like it!
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt, can do without
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the spinach into shreds. If using baby spinach, no need to cut. Plunge into boiling salted water, cover and leave 30 seconds. Drain and place in a baking dish.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a skillet. Add garlic and red pepper. Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, or until garlic is light brown in color.
- Combine the garlic mixture (including oil) with spinach in baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese and broil for just a few minutes until cheese is melted.
- VARIATIONS: Makes for a great snack with crackers or sandwiches with pita bread. Or you can mix in some scrambled eggs before broiling for a tasty breakfast dish.