Recipe by Recipe Junkie
We eat this colorful, moist cake at our women's church meetings. It's really easy to make and very tasty. The almond flavoring really blends well with the cranberries. I buy bags of cranberries when there are sales during the holidays, then freeze some so I can enjoy this treat all year round. For those with hard nut allergies, leave them out, or try sunflower seeds or peanuts. Vanilla extract can be substituted for almond extract.
Top Review by TheCookingNurse
Every year for a Christmas event, my friend Linda makes these bars. They are exceptionally moist...the cranberries add a nice tartness to the sweet batter. I am not a big fan of almond extract, but it blends perfectly with the cranberries. Don't' let the texture of the batter bother you. It is supposed to be thick. Enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs with sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5 minutes.
- Add butter and extract.
- Beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour just until combined.
- Stir in cranberries and pecans.
- Spread in greased 9"x13" pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 45-50 minutes.