Banana Cranberry Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups bananas, 3 medium ripe and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, add beaten eggs with cream cheese. With a whisk blend in brown sugar and oil, mix well.
- Stir in cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, mashed banana and flour.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9-inch round cake pan or if making quick bread a 12 x 4 x 4-inch loaf pan. Can also use 6 mini loaf pans for mini loaves.
- Bake in 375° oven for 50 minutes checking for doneness using a knife in the center of the cake.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. When cool, loosen edges and turn onto rack to completely cool.
- Slice and serve or wrap in plastic wrap and foil for freezing. This will keep in the freezer for 6 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I will soon be 19 on Novemer 18th!! Going to college to get my bachelor's degree in nursing and also work part-time. My favorite color is PINK and I love to go shopping!!! My 1 1/2 old german shepherd, Breah, also likes to shop at her favorite store Pet Smart. Right now I do not cook much but enjoy baking. My mom, Lauralie41, has made a lot of great tasting recipes from here so I am excited to be joining also!