Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is an absolute killer chocolate pie, it's easy to make just mix and pour in the pie shell, and it sets just beautifully when baked, I have made this pie and omitted the bourbon it was still so good --- please make two of these to serve for a dinner party everyone will rave! I bake mine on the second lowest oven rack with a baking sheet underneath, although the pie shell was completely full the pie did not overflow, it baked out perfect!
Top Review by kusinera
I made this with a ready made pie crust, it really set nicely, I usually have trouble with these kinds of pies setting properley, this one set perfectly. next time I will just use 1 tbsp bourbon, the flavor of the bourbon really came through, I made exactly as stated, it is a wonderful pie, and very rich. thank you.
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (to fit into a 9-inch pie plate)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup coarsley chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees F (bottom oven rack).
- Place the pie shell into a glass 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium mixing bowl cream the butter with sugar (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in eggs, corn syrup, salt, bourbon and vanilla; mix on low speed with an electric mixer until well blended (about 2 minutes).
- Spread the pecans and chocolate chips in the bottom of the unbaked pie shell, then pour the filling over.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until set.
- Cool completely, or refrigerate.
- Slice and dollup with whipped cream on the slices.