Chocolate Chip, Pecan & Sea Salt Cookies
photo by Micky229
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup room temperature butter (1 stick I use sweet cream unsalted butter)
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Grease or spray your cookie sheet or tray. Spoon your dough onto the sheet in heaping tablespoons. Make sure you leave an inch and a half to two inches between each cookie so they don’t turn into one big glob in the oven.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes at 350. Use the 15 minutes as a guideline, because each oven cooks differently. Check on the cookies every five minutes, and if the edges begin to brown, they’re all done. Take the cookies out and let them cool for about ten minutes, and they’ll be ready to eat (or just.
- Pictures at: http://somuchtoeattoolittletime.blogspot.com/2013/07/chocolate-chip-pecan-sea-salt-cookies.html.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a very good Tollhouse cookie. Tasted just like the one on the chocolate chip package with the addition of the hits of salt. A big improvement therefore on Tollhouse which I find boring. But I was disappointed the cookie wasn't better, so I will keep looking. This would be an amazing cookie for Tollhouse lovers. Just not my cup of tea.