These are the *best* bars and so easy to make, the trick to these is not to overbake, mine bake out perfectly in a 350 degree oven, second-lowest rack for 22 minutes, servings is only estimated --- add in 1 teaspoon cinnamon also if desired --- this was developed using full-fat peanut butter :)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, well packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (can use 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 2 teaspoons maple extract)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal (I use half quick cooking and regular oats)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed cream the butter with both sugars and vanilla until no sugar granules remain (about 4 minutes).
- Add in the peanut butter and beat until combined.
- Add in eggs and beat until combined.
- In a bowl combine the flour with baking soda and oats; add to the creamed mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Transfer and spread into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until JUST set (do not overbake).
- Cool then cut into squares.