1/12 Photos of Delicious Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
These are the *best* bars and so easy to make, the trick to these is not to overbake, mine bake out perfectly in a 350 degree oven, second-lowest rack for 22 minutes, servings is only estimated --- add in 1 teaspoon cinnamon also if desired --- this was developed using full-fat peanut butter :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, well packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (can use 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 2 teaspoons maple extract)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal (I use half quick cooking and regular oats)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 4In a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed cream the butter with both sugars and vanilla until no sugar granules remain (about 4 minutes).
- 5Add in the peanut butter and beat until combined.
- 6Add in eggs and beat until combined.
- 7In a bowl combine the flour with baking soda and oats; add to the creamed mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- 8Mix in chocolate chips.
- 9Transfer and spread into prepared baking dish.
- 10Bake for 22-25 minutes or until JUST set (do not overbake).
- 11Cool then cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.0
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 184.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g