1/1 Photo of Delicious Cashew Chicken Curry
If you are serving more than 8 pieces of chicken then double the complete recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml butter butter
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4.92 ml dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 44.37 ml minced fresh garlic (can use more)
- 9.85 ml minced fresh ginger (can use more)
- 14.79-59.16 ml curry powder (can use more)
- 4.92 ml cumin powder
- 793.78 g can chopped whole tomatoes (undrained)
- 354.88 ml cashew nuts (roasted or raw)
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt (use full-fat)
- 1In a food processor pulse the cashews until a very fine; set aside.
- 2Heat butter and oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat.
- 3Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper then brown on both sides; remove to a plate.
- 4Add in onions, garlic, ginger and dried pepper flakes; saute until softened (about 4 minutes).
- 5Add in curry powder and cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 6Add in the chicken pieces back to the pot and toss to coat.
- 7Add in the tomatoes with juice; bring to a simmer, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally, season with salt to taste.
- 8Just before serving, add in the ground cashews along with the yogurt; mix to combine and simmer uncovered over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- 9Serve with cooked basmati rice or white rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Cashew Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 986.7
- Calories from Fat 667
- Total Fat 74.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 188.7 mg
- Sodium 577.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 45.9 g