Recipe by MrsMM
This is the most affordable and tastiest dish. It could be a good side dish maybe with an Italian-inspired fish, but I like a bowlful of it as a meal itself. Warm, hearty and flavorful- did I mention cheap and easy too? :)
Top Review by AnnieLynne
I've got a confession to make...I love beans! They're just so inexpensive and so tasty! This recipe is simple, but the flavor is absolutely amazing! The minced garlic blends with the creamy sauce from the beans and it's just heavenly! I ate the beans by themselves the first night for dinner, and over brown rice for lunch the next day. Both ways were great! Thanks, MrsMM!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Put into a saucepan and add just enough water to cover the beans.
- Add pepper and thyme to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on med-high heat, and when it boils, reduce heat to medium.
- Continue boiling, stirring frequently until water is almost fully evaporated.
- Stir in the garlic and olive oil, cook until water is gone, approximately 3 more minutes.