Easy Delicious Baked Beans
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled (can use more)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (increase for a sweeter taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a casserole dish (use any size to hold the beans).
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, then transfer to prepared casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Editing my review...I just ate these beans cold, and found them to be quite delish, and even better tasting than those other popular brand named canned baked beans. If one decides to leave in the liquid from the canned beans, I think this would be good with some cooked ground beef added, and adding the full amount of brown sugar (the 3/4 cup). This is the review I had posted earlier today... This was a good baked bean dish, but I did use pork-n-beans rather than baked beans, and I drained off the liquid from both cans, since one of the other reviewer's stated there was a lot of sauce. When I make these beans again, (and draining off the liquid) I would definitely decrease the amount of brown sugar, as the beans were a bit overly sweet. Also, one more thing... I did cover the bean dish before placing them in the oven, and baked the beans for 30 minutes, then I removed the cover/lid, and baked the beans (uncovered) for about 40 minutes. I then let them sit ontop the stove, (uncovered) for about 20 mins., and had noticed the beans had thickened up quite a bit. Thank you KITTENCAL for posting this recipe. I certainly look forward to making these baked beans again.