Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a favorite in our house and when you make it you will see why, I have also added in some blueberries in with the apples, this is very easy to make and tastes wonderful served warm with ice cream or whipped cream :)
- 8 cups sliced granny smith apples (about 6 large apples)
- 2 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped walnuts, divided (can use more)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Place the sliced apples in prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and remaining 2 cups brown sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Stir in flour and 3/4 cup walnuts.
- Spread over apples.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup walnuts.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until apples are tender.
What a wonderful dessert. It has become a family and friends favorite overnite. Just became a Thanksgiving regular! Easy to make and easier to enjoy.
This is a really good apple dessert and very easy to put together. It is deliciously fruity!
Excellent Apple dessert! Easy to make and tastes good even the second day. I baked this in a 9x13 stoneware and it was very moist. Followed exact recipe and it was great!