Recipe by Dienia B.
Made with brown rice, cream asparagus soup, Swiss cheese and chicken. I made this up cause there is not a lot of recipes for cream of asparagus soup and I like it. Mr picky liked it even though he doesn't like rice.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I followed the recipe as written other then I only used 1/2 teaspoon of pepper as 1 teaspoon seemed a lot for me. We all enjoyed this. I also liked that it was something different.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 slices deli ham, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of asparagus soup
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup french's crispy fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the brown rice, chicken stock, onion, parsley, cooked chicken, pepper, Swiss cheese, ham, and cream of asparagus soup together.
- Pour into a casserole sprayed with Pam cooking spray.
- Cover with foilpaper.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
- Remove foil paper; top with Swiss cheese then French's crispy onions.
- Brown 10 minutes until cheese is melted and onions crispy.