This is my go to marinade for back strap meat. It is a simple marinade that you adjust to your (and your family's taste), hence no exact measurements. What is great about it too, you can cook the marinade in a pan until the onions are cooked to have extra drizzle of sauce.
- Pour enough soy sauce in a bowl to lightly cover the meat. For example, for 8oz or meat, use about 3 tablespoons
- Add sriracha sauce and maple syrup to suit your taste. If unsure, keep adding small amounts of each at a time, and taste until you are satisfied. For me, I add a squirt of sriracha and about a half tablespoon of maple syrup for 8oz of meat.
- Mix well and pour marinade, deer meat and onions ziplock bag.
- Move marinade around in the bag until it coats the meat and onions. Close the bag and try to squeeze out the air. Place in the refrigerator and marinade for about 8 hours.
- When you are ready, cook the deer meat on the grill or pan. If you want you can also cook the marinade seperately as a little drizzle sauce, but be careful because it may burn b/c of the maple syrup, depending on how much of it was added.