Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious deep south potato salad adapted from Whole Foods.
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces (or small red potatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt (soy or coconut recommended)
- 1⁄4 cup whole-grain creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
- 3 celery ribs, diced (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced (1/2 cup)
- Place potatoes in large saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, but not soft.
- Meanwhile, whisk together yogurt, mustard, and olive oil in large bowl. Stir in red bell pepper, celery, and onion.
- Drain potatoes, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Add potatoes to yogurt mixture, stirring to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
This is a very good potato salad made with yogurt instead of mayo, and I like that. Mixing in a little olive oil I think gives the dressing some body that is usually missing with a yogurt based dressing. The creole mustard adds some bite, but not too much.