Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy turkey meatballs. I like this one because its different from regular old everyday meatballs we are used to.
For the Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup grape jelly
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Directions for the meatballs:.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey with ginger, garlic, red pepper, salt and egg white and mix well. Form into small balls and set on waxed paper. When all balls are formed, mix the cornstarch with the flour in a small bowl and roll each ball in the mixture. Return to waxed paper.
- Heat shortening in a deep frying pan or wok to 365°. Fry meatballs in batches, about 2 minutes or until browned. Drain meatballs on paper towels. Transfer meatballs to a platter and serve with the sauce. If desired, meatballs can be baked.
- Directions for the sauce:.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine all sauce ingredients. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low and stir until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm while you prepare the meatballs.