Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like this recipe because its quick and simple. I found it on a web search at "The Recipe Box" web site. My preferrence is spicier so I added several ingredients.
- Into a deep-fryer, preheat frying oil to 375°F [190°C].
- Into a bowl, mix together flour, salt, both peppers, Essence, and baking powder.
- Coat fish fillets with mixture, reserving remaining mixture.
- Lightly beat eggs; beat in milk and oil.
- Mix in remaining reserved flour mixture; beat until smooth.
- Dip fish into mixture.
- Deep-fry fish fillets until crunchy and golden brown.
- Drain onto paper toweling.
Sorry friend....but deep frying sea bass should be against the law!!! Ruins the best fish ever with that grease.... Save frying for Catfish!! Or Black bass
This is the first time I've ever deep fried fish and this was so good and easy too. I didn't have Sea Bass, used Big Mouth Bass and wasn't sure what was meant by spice essence so used Emeril Lagasse's Essence. Other than that followed the directions exactly and it turned out wonderful, brown and crispy - my DH thought I was awesome. Thanks Denahue for a quick, easy and wonderful meal.