1/3 Photos of Deep Fried Panzerotti
1 hr 30 mins
I love panzerotti's cooked this way and ever since the pizza place that used to make them closed down I have been trying to figure out how to do them justice.I think I have come pretty close.Prep time will depend on whether you make your own dough. I use a bread maker which takes two hours for the dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In sauce pan combine tomato sauce, water, lemon juice and spices bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2While the sauce is simmering divide your dough into three parts then roll out each one making sure not to roll them out to thin.
- 3Allow the dough to rest.
- 4When sauce is ready add desired amount to middle of the pizza dough making sure to leave room around edge for folding.
- 5Top with cheese and pepperoni.
- 6Fold over and seal edges.
- 7Preheat oil in deep fryer or large pot to 375.
- 8Add panzerotti to heated oil cooking for 5 minutes then turn over and cook for another five.
- 9Remove from oil and place on paper towel.
- 10Let cool for a couple minutes before serving (leftover sauce can be used for dipping sauce).
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Panzerotti
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 1194.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: