Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are too good!
- 3 eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 24 uncooked large shrimp, peeled,tails left on and deveined (about 1 ½ lbs total)
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
Pineapple Plum Sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) jar plum sauce
- Combine eggs, cayenne and seasoning salt in shallow pan.
- Place flour in another shallow pan.
- Combine breadcrumbs and coconut in third pan.
- Dredge shrimp in flour, shaking off excess.
- Holding shrimp by tail, dip into eggs and then roll in breadcrumb mixture, coating thoroughly.
- Heat oil in deep-fryer.
- Add shrimp in batches (do not crowd) and fry until golden-brown, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Serve immediately with sauce.
- For Pineapple Plum Sauce: Combine pineapple and plum sauce in small bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
LOVED IT!! My 1st time ever eating COCONUT fried shrimp, and now I think that is ALL i will eat!! Thanks so much- made for ZWT7.