1/1 Photo of Deep-Fried Coconut Shrimp
These are too good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 24 uncooked large shrimp, peeled,tails left on and deveined (about 1 ½ lbs total)
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
Pineapple Plum Sauce
- 1Combine eggs, cayenne and seasoning salt in shallow pan.
- 2Place flour in another shallow pan.
- 3Combine breadcrumbs and coconut in third pan.
- 4Dredge shrimp in flour, shaking off excess.
- 5Holding shrimp by tail, dip into eggs and then roll in breadcrumb mixture, coating thoroughly.
- 6Heat oil in deep-fryer.
- 7Add shrimp in batches (do not crowd) and fry until golden-brown, about 3 minutes.
- 8Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- 9Serve immediately with sauce.
- 10For Pineapple Plum Sauce: Combine pineapple and plum sauce in small bowl.
- 11Refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Fried Coconut Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 806.1
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 192.4 mg
- Sodium 1122.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: