1 hr 15 mins
Peaches and berries together. What's not to love? This is a one-crust pie, with the crust being placed on top of the filling. Recipe is from Good Housekeeping magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or 1/2 cup whipping cream, plus
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Prepare crust: In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and 1/4 cup sugar.
- 2With pastry blender or 2 knives used scissors fashion, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 3Add 1/2 cup cream and stir with fork until dough comes together. Gather dough into a ball and place on lightly floured sheet of waxed paper. With floured rolling pin, roll dough to a 9-inch round.
- 4Slide waxed paper onto cookie sheet and refrigerate dough until ready to use.
- 5In cup, mix cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- 6Prepare fruit filling: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place cookie sheet lined with foil in oven. In 4-quart saucepan, stir sugar, water and cornstarch until cornstarch dissolves; stir in peaches.
- 7Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat; gently stir in berries. Pour filling into 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- 8Immediately, while filling is hot, remove dough round from refrigerator and, using waxed paper, invert dough over fruit mixture. Peef off paper. Cut 4-inch X in center of round, fold back points to make square opening.
- 9Brush dough with remaining cream; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 10Bake pie on foil-lined cookie sheet 35-40 minutes or until fruit is bubbly in center. If crust is browning too quickly, loosely cover pie with foil after 25 minutes. Cool pie on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Dish Peach and Berry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.9
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 105.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: