Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
Peaches and berries together. What's not to love? This is a one-crust pie, with the crust being placed on top of the filling. Recipe is from Good Housekeeping magazine.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, plus
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 lbs ripe peaches (about 5 medium)
- 3 cups assorted berries (1 cup each blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)
- Prepare crust: In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and 1/4 cup sugar.
- With pastry blender or 2 knives used scissors fashion, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add 1/2 cup cream and stir with fork until dough comes together. Gather dough into a ball and place on lightly floured sheet of waxed paper. With floured rolling pin, roll dough to a 9-inch round.
- Slide waxed paper onto cookie sheet and refrigerate dough until ready to use.
- In cup, mix cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Prepare fruit filling: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place cookie sheet lined with foil in oven. In 4-quart saucepan, stir sugar, water and cornstarch until cornstarch dissolves; stir in peaches.
- Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat; gently stir in berries. Pour filling into 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Immediately, while filling is hot, remove dough round from refrigerator and, using waxed paper, invert dough over fruit mixture. Peef off paper. Cut 4-inch X in center of round, fold back points to make square opening.
- Brush dough with remaining cream; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake pie on foil-lined cookie sheet 35-40 minutes or until fruit is bubbly in center. If crust is browning too quickly, loosely cover pie with foil after 25 minutes. Cool pie on wire rack.