Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was my favorite breakfast when I was young...wait... it still is! These are wonderful and very easy, you can fill and top with anything. We enjoy them with my Plum Raspberry Jam or syrup! Deelish!
- In a mixing bowl add sifted flour, powdered sugar and salt; slightly mix.
- With electric mixer beat in milk and eggs until it is no longer lumpy; batter will be thin, do NOT over mix
- Pour about 1/4 c batter into a greased pan and move pan in a circular motion to get batter to spread and form a large circle.
- Cook on med-low heat until bubbles start forming on top and edges start lifting from pan.
- Flip and cook about one more minute or until done, turn heat down if they cook too fast or start forming a crispy layer on bottom.
- Add syrup or filling/topping of choice and roll from one end to the other, top with more syrup or topping of your choice.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and serve!
I was also raised on these. They are excellent. Had forgotten all about them til I saw your recipe.
I love these! They are exactly what my mother in law makes and calls Dutch Pancakes. She said she grew up eating them in the Netherlands. They are a terrific treat for breakfast. We enjoy ours with butter and powdered sugar, especially. Thank you for posting this incredibly delicious and versatile recipe!