Recipe by Debisz
I have made this recipe for Christmas dinner for many years now. If you follow the directions it really is perfect. If you use a larger roast, use a meat thermometer to tell when the roast is done.
- 10 lbs prime rib roast, with bones
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove roast from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl & mix thoroughly.
- To help the rub adhere to the meat, liberally moisten a paper towel with water and lightly wet the meat or use a very light coating of oil (I use olive oil spray). Starting with the under side (rib side), pat spice mixture over the meat, trying to get as much of the mixture to adhere as possible.
- Turn meat over and do sides, ends and top (fat side) of meat.
- Place roast in a large roasting pan, ribs down, fat side up.
- Sprinkle and pat additional spice mixture on the top. (To reserve remaining rub mixture for another use, place in an airtight container ans store in a cool dark place.).
- Place prepared meat in oven and roast uncovered 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, immediately turn off the oven. Do NOT open the oven door.
- After 4-5 hours, turn on the oven to 375f for a medium rare roast.
- Remove roast from oven and let stand 15 minutes before carving.