Garlic Prime Rib
Prime Rib is definitely the king of meats! This is a simple, yet elegant and impressive entree for your Christmas feast. From allrecipes.com.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 10 lbs prime rib roast
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Place the roast in a roasting pan with the fatty side up.
- Loosen the fat from the meat by cutting with a sharp knife.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Spread the mixture under the fatty side and over it as well.
- Secure with kitchen twine.
- Let the roast sit out at room temperature, no longer than one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Bake the roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 325 and continue roasting for an additional 60 to 75 minutes.
- The Internal temperature of the roast should be at 145 degrees F (53 degrees C) for medium rare.
- Allow the roast to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving so the meat can retain its juices.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is an amazing recipe! Thank you! I’ve never made prime rib before & this recipe was so easy and so full of flavour! Because we are freaks for garlic I added my own tweaks to it and did 3x the garlic. I also toasted my fresh spices & added rosemary to the lot. I just increased all of the spices since I had a 10.5lbs roast. I also drizzled red wine over the roast just before putting in to sear. I added veggies & 2 cups of beef broth after searing. This was just flavourful beyond words; A1 recipe!
You can only imagine my surprise when my husband said “you really screwed up”. He said that was the best prime rib he ever had, now restaurant prime rib will never be good enough and I’ll have to make it from now on. I followed the recipe to the letter and adjusted my cook time to 16 minutes per pound and it turned out beautifully! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!