Recipe by Dave Dallas
Why use a canned sauce when you can make these Sloppy Joe's from scratch in less than 30 minutes? A blend of fresh onion, pepper and garlic with select spices and easy to find ingredients make this not only the tastiest but also the easiest Sloppy Joe recipe you will ever try!
Top Review by *SimplyME*
I'm giving it 4 stars for being easy and for ingredients that are always on hand. I might add a little more worcestershire sauce and vinegar for my taste. Overall good, thanks for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 green pepper, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash celery seed (about1/4 tsp)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Finley chop (I use a food processor) onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Brown ground beef with onion, pepper and garlic in a large skillet.
- Drain and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a low simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- Enjoy on freshly baked buns or rolls with chips on the side.