1/2 Photos of Dave's Heart Attack on a Plate
3 hrs 30 mins
This is from a local radio station host here in San Diego. It is one of my hubby's all time favorite meals and the first thing he ever cooked for me when we first started dating. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound the beef as thin as possible without creating holes. Cut into 3x3 inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2Place a spoonful of onions and bacon on each piece of meat. Wrap each piece into a tight ball and secure with toothpicks.
- 3Heat olive oil in a medium sized sauce pan. Brown the meat in batches and set aside.
- 4Deglaze the sauce pan with the wine. Scrape all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan to get all the flavor.
- 5Add the garlic, beef broth, and liquid smoke to the sauce pan. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Return meat to the sauce pan and allow to simmer for at least 2 hours. The longer the better!
- 7Serve the meat over rice with some of the cooking juices.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dave's Heart Attack on a Plate
Serving Size: 1 (651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 701.1
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 1146.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 48.6 g