Prep 50 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This was given to me by my brother-in-law. A spicy, hearty meal. We usually add some cheddar cheese on top.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 lbs boneless pork, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- warmed flour tortilla
- In a dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over merdium-high heat.
- Add 1 pound of pork; cook and stir until just browned.
- Remove and set aside; repeat with remaining meat, adding oil as needed.
- Return all meat to dutch oven.
- Sprinkle flour over meat; mix well.
- Add next 9 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat; simmer for about 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender and chili is desired consistency.
- Serve with warmed tortillas.