Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
love it. we get the best dates around where I live and this is soo easy. Its also thick, creamy,and satisfying surprisingly light my own creation try using some good dates not the cheap sticky, not so good ones
- Chop up the dates quite finely, until sticky. I recommend: First halve, and then mince all the dates. Then, run your knife through them until they are almost like a paste.
- Put them in your hand blender, blender, or smoothie maker.
- Add in the about half the milk and mix until combined. Don't worry, the dates won't stick to the bottom!
- Add in a few (3) of the ice cubes, and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ice cubes in small increments, along with some of the milk.
Love this. I used homemade almond milk to be dairy free and date molasses as that is what I had on hand. I even gave a taste to DD2 (4 months). DD1 (4 years) and I will make this again for energy!
I also added a pinch of salt and these are delicious!