Leslie in Texas's Note:
Luby's, a cafeteria chain here in Texas, serves these yummy muffins. The recipe was originally printed in the food section of the Houston Chronicle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, combine dates and hot water. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain and discard water.Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners or lightly grease.
- 4In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
- 5Add water,pecans,eggs,baking soda, vanilla, and salt and mix until well blended.
- 6Add flour and mix until just moistened.
- 7Fold in cold dates and spoon into prepared muffin pans.
- 8Bake 20-25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 9Let stand a few minutes before removing from pan.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Nut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (2325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.9
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 303.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 39.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g