1 hr 14 mins
Posted by request
My Private Note
small b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
Chocolate Rum Glaze
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in the lower third of the oven.
- 2Spray the bottom only of an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a bowl, mix the brownie mix, melted butter, dark rum, eggs, and nutmeg with a wooden spoon until just blended and all dry ingredients are moistened; stir in chopped chocolate.
- 4Spread batter into prepared pan.
- 5Bake 40-44 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean (do not overbake).
- 6Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- 7Chocolate Rum Glaze: in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat combine the brown sugar, butter, rum, and milk.
- 8Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil; boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute longer.
- 9Remove pan from heat and stir in the chocolate chips; stir the mixture until the chips are completely melted and the mixture is smooth; cool 5 minutes.
- 10Spread glaze over warm brownies; cool completely.
- 11Cut into squares-9 large or 16 small brownies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Rum Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.3 mg
- Sodium 142.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g